How a Student Ended His Life After Losing His Fees to Online Betting

A student of the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State, Samuel Adegoke, has reportedly taken his own life by drinking a chemical substance after losing his fees and his friend’s fees to an online betting platform.

According to sources, Adegoke, who was a National Diploma II student of Electrical Electronic Engineering, used his school fee to play online betting on Friday but lost.

He also swindled his friend, who shared a room with him, by getting his password and using his fee to play and also lost.

The incident happened on Monday, when his colleagues were preparing for their first-semester exam. The school had warned that no student would be allowed to take the exam without completing their registration.

Adegoke was reportedly rushed to the school clinic, where he was later referred to a specialist hospital outside the school in Ilaro.

However, he was pronounced dead shortly after he was admitted to the hospital.

The Deputy Registrar, Public Relations of the school, Sola Abiala confirmed the incident and said that the school quickly referred him to a specialist hospital to save his life.

He said that it was detected at the hospital that the late student had taken a chemical substance.

The Police did not respond to calls for comment on the incident.

Newsflash Nigeria is an online newspaper that is developed and written exclusively for Nigerians. It’s packed with up-to-the-minute local and national breaking news, entertainment, sports, education, politics, technology, business and opinions.

To make further advert enquiries or place an order, please contact us at and +248053316946 and WhatsApp number 08033546732

Ilesanmi Adekanbi

Ilesanmi Adekanbi, writers and loves writing the story of politics, He is a movie addict. Adekanbi is a Senior Content Creator at Newsflash Nigeria contact me on email:

Related Articles

Back to top button